If you are a scientist fleeing the war in Ukraine and you need help, get in touch with us at email@example.com! We can in principle offer 2 types of help:
- Urgent help to fleeing researchers to secure basic needs and to find job opportunities matching their profile and qualifications
- Long-term support of Ukrainian scientists temporarily working in Czechia with integration into the Czech academic environment as well as society in general
When contacting us with a request to help you look for a job, please make sure to attach your CV and answer 3 simple questions:
- Where are you currently located – Ukraine, Czechia or elsewhere?
- Are you open to opportunities in other European countries, or only Czechia?
- Are you open to relevant jobs in your field outside of academia?
Additionally, please explore the resources at our Useful links. As first steps in providing long-term support, we invite you to register to our buddy program or participate in one of our networking events.
We see the impact of efficiently integrating displaced Ukrainian academics into the Czech research environment as twofold: in addition to mitigating the detrimental influence of Putin’s war on individual lives, we see this wave of international scientific mobility as a unique opportunity for the Czech academic environment to refresh and move towards the aims and visions of Czexpats. If you would like to know more about our activities or would like to get involved, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
This project is carried out thanks to support from The Bakala Foundation
13 June, 2022
Matouš Glanc presented our activities supporting displaced Ukrainian researchers on Czech TV!
10 June, 2022
We kindly invite everyone to the the UA-CZ Science Meetup networking events in Brno (Tuesday, 21 June) and in Prague (Thursday, 23 June)!
19 May, 2022
11 May, 2022
We have been contacted by 95 Ukrainian academics, 16 of which have already found positions in Czechia and 12 in other countries. Congratulations!