- Create a network of Czech scientists abroad and connect them to scientists and research institutions in the Czech Republic
- Help researchers working abroad in navigating the Czech scientific environment and developing a career in the Czech Republic.
- Empower Czech scientists who live and work abroad to inspire and positively influence Czech science
- Support the mobility of Czech scientists, in particular through the sharing of experiences and information.
We strive to build an active community of czexpat scientists (Czech scientists abroad). To these ends we develop various projects.
- Our flagship activity is the annual Christmas conference in Prague.
- We developed a map of czexpats, currently containing about 500 scientists in over 40 countries.
- We highlight successes of czexpats by regularly publishing blogs, articles and on social media.
- Among other activities, we also organize workshops on how to secure a PhD or a postdoctoral research position abroad.
- We conducted a survey of Czech scientists living abroad. The preliminary results are available here.